A salute to Mattiazzi's woodworking expertise, the Solo Chair is beautiful in its simplicity and functionality.
The designer, Nitzan Cohen, wanted to create a piece of furniture that "is a bit hard but very round, very simple but also intricate, practical and pragmatic but offering quite much."
The Solo range also includes stools and tables and is suitable for both commercial and domestic uses.
This product has been granted the use of the ecolabel and has been verified by an independent conformity assessment body that it meets the environmental health and social/ethical criteria of the GECA standard.
- This robust yet simple and refined timber furniture family was developed to be used in cafés and restaurants.
- Available in a variety frame finishes and with or without a variety of upholstery options for the seat and back.
- Mattiazzi sets targets in order to satisfy a defined and challenging list of sustainable aims: No emissions (volatile organic compounds) into the atmosphere No hazardous waste No landfill waste Total use of 100% clean energy 100% of the company-owned buildings with high energy saving Mattiazzi obtained the environmental certification ISO 14001:2004.
- Product Origin
- Made in Italy
- Established in 2007, Studio Nitzan Cohen is a multi disciplinary design studio with projects ranging from industrial products, furniture and spaces to art—direction and strategic consultancy.
Nitzan Cohen and his studio are busy combining a research oriented attitude with conceptual design and the ability to translate it into a new visual language of objects and spaces. Nitzan Cohen is a professor for industrial and system design at the HBK Saar in Saarbrücken, Germany.
- GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) Licence